- A record high operating profit for a first quarter which reached SEK 287 million (242), an improvement of 19 percent compared to the corresponding quarter in 2013.
- Volumes increased by 3 percent.
- Food Ingredients – reached an operating profit of SEK 174 million (158), an improvement of 10 percent.
- Chocolate & Confectionery Fats – improved operating profit by 38 percent and reported SEK 116 million (84).
- Technical Products & Feed – improved operating profit by 12 percent and reported SEK 29 million (25).
- Earnings per share increased by 21 percent, from SEK 3.78 to SEK 4.57.
- Return on Capital Employed (ROCE), calculated on a rolling 12 months basis, was 16.8 percent (16.4 at 31 December 2013).
- During the first quarter 2014 AAK decided to commence construction of a new plant in Brazil.
- AAK announced on April 9, 2014 the acquisition of the oils and fats business of CSM Benelux NV in Merksem.
“Based on AAK’s customer value propositions for health and reduced costs, and our customer product co-development and solutions approach, we continue to remain prudently optimistic about the future. The main drivers are the continued positive underlying development in Food Ingredients and the continued improvement in Chocolate & Confectionery Fats”, said Arne Frank, CEO and President.
For further information, please contact:
Director External Accounting & Investor Relations
|Phone: + 46 40 627 83 34||Phone: +46 40 627 83 32|
|Mobile: + 46 708 95 22 21||Mobile: +46 709 88 56 13|
The information is that which AarhusKarlshamn AB (publ) is obliged to publish under the provisions of the Stock Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Trading in Financial Instruments Act. The information was released to the media for publication on April 23, 2014 at 11 am CET.
AarhusKarlshamn (AAK) is one of the world’s leading producers of high value-added speciality vegetable oils and fats solutions. These oils and fats solutions are characterized by a high level of technological content and innovation. AAK`s solutions are used as substitute for butter-fat and cocoa butter, trans-free and low saturated solutions but also addressing other customer. AAK has production facilities in Denmark, Mexico, the Netherlands, Sweden, Great Britain, Uruguay and the US. Further AAK has also toll manufacturing operations in Russia and Malaysia. The company is organized in three Business Areas; Food Ingredients, Chocolate and Confectionery Fats and Technical Products & Feed. AAK’s shares are traded on the NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm, within the Large Cap segment. Further information on AAK can be found on the company’s website www.aak.com.