- Operating profit reached a record high SEK 244 million (218), an improvement of 12 percent compared to the corresponding quarter in 2012. At fixed exchange rates the improvement was 15 percent
- Volumes increased by 7 percent. For comparable units, total organic growth, mainly driven by Food Ingredients, was 1 percent
- Food Ingredients – reached a record high operating profit of SEK 184 million (156), an improvement of 18 percent. At fixed exchange rates the improvement was 21 percent
- Chocolate & Confectionery Fats – remained stable at SEK 65 million (65) as expected. At fixed exchange rates the improvement was 3 percent
- Technical Products & Feed – improved operating profit by 15 percent and reported SEK 23 million (20)
- Earnings per share increased by 19 percent, from SEK 3.14 to SEK 3.74
- Very strong operational cash flow of SEK 576 million (351)
- Continued strong evolution of return on capital employed (ROCE), calculated on a rolling 12 month basis was 15.2 percent compared to 14.2 percent at year-end and 13.2 percent at the corresponding quarter last year
“Based on AAK’s customer value propositions for health and reduced costs, our customer product co-development and solutions approach, and the AAK Acceleration program, we continue to remain prudently optimistic for the future. The main drivers are expected to be the strong Food Ingredients business and the expected recovery in the second half of 2013 for Chocolate & Confectionary Fats”, said Arne Frank, CEO and President.
For further information, please contact:
Director Group Controlling and Investor Relations
Phone: + 46 40 627 83 34
Mobile: + 46 708 95 22 21
The information is that which AarhusKarlshamn AB (publ) is obliged to publish under the provisions of the Stock Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Trading in Financial Instruments Act. The information was released to the media for publication on July 22, 2013 at 13.00 am CET.
AarhusKarlshamn is one of the world’s leading producers of high value-added speciality vegetable fats.These fats are characterized by a high technological content and are used as substitute for butter-fat and cocoa butter, transfree solutions for fillings in chocolate and confectionery products, and in the cosmetics industry. AarhusKarlshamn has production facilities in Denmark, Mexico, the Netherlands, Sweden, Great Britain, Uruguay and the US. The company is organised in three Business Areas; Food Ingredients, Chocolate and Confectionery Fats and Technical Products & Feed. Further information on AarhusKarlshamn can be found on the company’s website