- Operating profit reached a record high SEK 242 million (220), after negative currency translation impact of SEK 6 million, an improvement of 10 percent compared to the corresponding quarter in 2012
- Volumes increased by 6 percent
- Food Ingredients – reached a record high operating profit of SEK 158 million (137), an improvement by 15 percent
- Chocolate & Confectionery Fats – improved operating profit by 4 percent and reported SEK 84 million (81)
- Technical Products & Feed – improved operating profit by 4 percent and reported SEK 26 million (25)
- Earnings per share increased by 10 percent, from SEK 3.43 to SEK 3.78
- EBITDA improved SEK 25 million, from SEK 305 million to SEK 330 million
“Based on AAK’s customer value propositions for health and reduced costs, our customer product co-development and solutions approach, and the AAK Acceleration program, we continue to remain prudently optimistic for the future. The main drivers are expected to be the strong Food Ingredients business and the expected recovery in Chocolate & Confectionary Fats. Irrespective of market conditions, the anticipated improvement in the Chocolate & Confectionary Fats results is however unlikely to be significant until the second half of 2013”, said Arne Frank, CEO and President.
For further information, please contact:
Director Group Controlling and Investor Relations
Phone: + 46 40 627 83 34
Mobile: + 46 708 95 22 21
The information is that which AarhusKarlshamn AB (publ) is obliged to publish under the provisions of the Stock Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Trading in Financial Instruments Act. The information was released to the media for publication on April 25, 2013 at 11.00 am CET.
AarhusKarlshamn is one of the world’s leading producers of high value-added speciality vegetable fats.These fats are characterized by a high technological content and are used as substitute for butter-fat and cocoa butter, transfree solutions for fillings in chocolate and confectionery products, and in the cosmetics industry. AarhusKarlshamn has production facilities in Denmark, Mexico, the Netherlands, Sweden, Great Britain, Uruguay and the US. The company is organised in three Business Areas; Food Ingredients, Chocolate and Confectionery Fats and Technical Products & Feed. Further information on AarhusKarlshamn can be found on the company’s website www.aak.com.